Pages


Monday 15 July 2013

Kimi no Iru Machi - 1

In spite of my excitement for this particular animé adaption, don't get me wrong. This is the manga I've hated the most for various reasons, as well as being the most rage inducing garbage of all time. However, this doesn't mean I hate everything about it, I just hate the small segment ragey moments, which really threw my sanity into the question. You'll know what I mean if you've read the manga, or will follow this animé adaption. So anyway, by choosing to watch this, I was self conscious, and fully aware of the fact I'd be plunging myself into a world with only hurt, and pain. Don't make the same mistake I did, you might possibly end up in a psychiatric ward.

This is 720p HD... even the 360p of other animes I've watched look better!
Did I just get smacked in the face? Studio Gonzo are awful, probably one of the most inconsistent studios out there! Ok, they can be good at times (i.e. Welcome to the N.H.K., Last Exile and Gankuutsou), but more often than not, they produce industrial disasters (i.e. Gantz, Samurai 7, Desert Punk). Though it's too early to decide which category the will fall under, already, there are a bunch of troublesome hints.
Horrendous, but still tiny compared to Aku no Hana...
First of all, the decision to start from Chapter 80. Here we are, thrusted into the middle of the story, without a clue what's going on (unless you've read the manga). How on Earth are you going to know what's going on? Besides, the earlier chapters tend to receive acclaim as being the best part in the series. Not to mention I don't blame fans for making this decision (Ragey Ragey Rage moments). Voice actors did not suit the characters, or art style. What a terrible mistake! I can't help but feel Gonzo have made a mess of this from Episode 1. The art has only improved minimally from the OVA, which is tragic considering this OVA was released one year ago. Asuka looks like a freak, no offense to her as a character, mainly because she looks beautiful in the manga. Quite depressing how Gonzo managed to do this... OP and ED themes were crass, a real shame, since the songs were actually half decent.


I think I stopped watching this when HE appeared
Maybe all the budget will go towards the highly emotionally fuelled scenes? Who knows what the future holds, although currently it's a bleak, and dreary prospect. Being dropped straight into the Tokyo Arc, and can only brace myself for the oncoming rage. Let's hope making the series in animated form won't serve to alleviate my rage further. Only 13 episodes??!!! What kind of joke is this? With these new arrangements, looks like there'll be no space for anything asides from the Tokyo Arc. I literally want to cry now, considering rage will be the sole emotion dominating my entire being, as I faithfully follow Kimi no Iru Machi. A Town Where You Live? No, more like A Town Where You Rage...


Go read the manga, it's a million times better than this

Just watching this hurt me so badly... I didn't even finish the episode. Whatever...

I don't hate Kyousuke, he just reminds me of my reasons to rage

No comments:

Post a Comment