Pages


Tuesday 16 July 2013

Watamote - 2

You said it.
Honestly, it would not bother me in the slightest if anyone has trouble watching this anime. It's almost painful to see how socially inept Tomoko is. That being said, it's also managing to stay pretty funny and relatable (for me at least) so I wouldn't say this is a horrible thing. With the latest episode, we see new aspects of Tomoko's life that she massively fails in. I'm starting to wonder if she'll ever catch a break.

The main focus this time is to do with Lady Spaghetti meeting an old middle school friend of hers. She spends the entire week trying to have interesting experiences in school to recount to her friend. Every single one comes off as awkward, and in the end she finds nothing interesting to talk about. Tomoko doesn't seem to think so, however, as she goes to meet her friend prepared with the most embarrassing and boring conversation topics possible.
But there's a twist; Tomoko's friend isn't the nerdy shy girl she remembers. she's changed into a pretty confident and outgoing young girl, exactly everything Tomoko aspired to become at the start of her high school life. The worst part? She wanted to speak to Tomoko to get over an argument she had with her boyfriend. Great, even the one person who was on the same social level as Tomoko before high school has massively surpassed her.
I'd date her. Just sayin.
So far so good. My main worry with this series was that it was going to run out of material fast, but there were things in this episode I wouldn't have expected, so I don't think I have to worry about that. I'm also finding myself liking  Tomoko more and more, but that might be just a personal thing, seeing as her life is like mine but more extreme.

No comments:

Post a Comment