Pages


Monday 19 August 2013

Kiniro Mosaic - 7

At first, when Alice and Karen burst out into a sparkling duet, I thoroughly believed this was going to be the new OP for Kiniro Mosaic, especially with all the picture animations going on. Not only did I think the singing was completely moe, I'd go so far as to agree with Shino's simple statement of 'Let's broadcast it across the nation'. If anime was widely broadcasted on TV, I wouldn't suffer from the abhorrent lack of Otakus either... Ok, maybe I was foolish for not noticing the lack of credits (not to mention HorribleSubs never sub an OP), but surely it's understandable how disappointed I felt? Being Kiniro Mosaic (aka Slice of Life Anime 2013), I couldn't stay that way for long. In fact, the OP did wonders to immediately lift my spirits. Slice of Life has one redeeming quality over most other genres in one aspect, that is to say it's usual to go in without too many expectations, and end up being completely bowled over.

The Ayaya
This is a short explanation of the girls' athletic prowesses:
1. Yoko    2. Karen    3. Shino (Slow Long Distance Runner)   4. Alice/Aya
I'd also indulge in the liberty of pointing out that similarly to Alice, I also retain a small booklet to use as a wordbank, for which I write down useful words to use in my writing. Try it out, I highly recommend doing so, it will help in any language, not just English or Japanese. All you need is the resolve to do so. Back on topic, Shino is officially evil for not pointing out despite having noticed Alice leaving behind her PE kit, since any friend of mine would've brought back what I left on the bus (Cynical Terrorist, I'm thinking of you). Anyway, putting these concerns aside, I'm still questioning how the tracksuit made to fit a teacher shrunk down to a size which was only a little too big for Alice. Theoretically speaking, it should be so big that it would go down to her knees, but somehow, I only see it going down just past her waist.


Ironically, I thought Karen made one of the most ingenuous points I've ever heard. That is, when everyone puts up their hand to answer a question, you put up yours too. While her logic reasoning may have been slightly off, the chances of being picked are statistically low out of an entire class, and you don't want to seem like the stupid sheep. Even if you get chosen, one learns more from mistakes, than successes, so it's all about plucking up the courage to participate!


Two blatantly impossible physiologies exist in this series. That of Aya's, and that of Karen's. Aya is drawn so slender, that to make her fat and heavy is just a bit too much. Sure, she might be bad at exercising, but when were bookish girls the chubby ones? I'm sure they use up a lot of energy in their brainpower. Speaking of which, I need to move on to the next impossible physiology, that of Karen Kujo's. She eats like a glutton, and sizes like a supermodel. Actually unsurprising if you think of it biologically, seeing as her mother was a fair, English lady. Personally, I actually quite like a girl with a bit of fat. Too thin is just too perfect, and perfect is really off-putting for me. Well, while Aya won't be eating too many snacks anytime soon, Karen can rejoice in her superhumanly fast metabolism.


From Alice's attempts at making bento, to Shino's high exam score, the second half of the episode did much to entertain me. Sadly, most of it speaks for itself, so I won't go into an epic narrative. A persistent problem I've been having with this show is that I get so enthusiastic, that I end up dabbling about the events going on in the episode rather than properly reviewing it, an issue which will end starting with this review.


Post Episode Sequence (PES):


I've finally settled on a name for these after episode treats, which I'll call PES, which the title makes self explanatory. Shino fails her Maths Test with an 8, a stark contrast with her previous English score of 96, and Alice makes the mistake of blurting out she got 80. Recognizing the problem she has caused, Alice scribbles a 0 onto the end of the 8, a zero for the amount of integrity the duo possess. Nevertheless, it somehow manages to rekindle Shino's willpower.


No comments:

Post a Comment