Pages


Tuesday 17 September 2013

To Aru Kagaku no Railgun S - 19

The temptation almost completely overwhelmed me: to make this review solely based around Febri-chan, our latest addition to the cast. While I have resisted outrightly doing so, I can't promise there won't be a heavy inclination in her direction. Other than that, I'm starting to grow really attached to the new OP theme, in spite of my initial distaste.



After the maturity she displayed during the Sisters Arc, Misaka mopes about a finger puppet, which makes me really glad. For starters, despite undergoing life changing events, they have not changed who she essentially is. That is to say without doubt she's still the Misaka Mikoto from the start of Railgun. I understand this is completely filler material, and I shouldn't be treating it like the source, but JC Staff have flawlessly directed the current arc to the point I'd say it's equally stellar.






After having Haruee move out, Uiharu must have been depressed, had it not been for our new blonde loli, and Saten paying her company for the night! In fact, I'm starting to see Haruee play the mother, and Saten play the father. Between them, the range of emotions they convey, and the dynamics in their communication come to represent a happy family. The jealous Misaka ends up throwing a strop when she gets back to her dorm room, intent on getting back Gekota, while simultaneously winning over Febri. Kuroko's misadventured attempt to imitate Febri, leading Misaka frying her to a charred crisp was so well animated.





I'm starting to dislike these damn Scientists more and more. Any ominous ongoings occurring around Academy City seem to directly result from their tampering. What are they trying to prove from all this trouble they're causing? Their motives seem shallow, and attacking a little girl just to achieve your goals is lower than trash. Then there's the question Misaka puts out herself, how on Academy City did Febri know her name? I have huge suspicions over that mysterious lollipop, and won't be dropping them anytime soon. Nevertheless, these all strongly hints towards being an important future plot element, though how they will play out is still a largely debatable question.





Mikoto can look cool too, as she jumps in to rescue Febri. Must say, I found myself pretty amused when Kongou started claiming some extra credit, something Kuroko greatly disapproved. I guess this paragraph was so that I could add the following 4 pictures. Enjoy!





No comments:

Post a Comment