Pages


Wednesday 12 June 2013

Naruto - 634

Team 7 kick some ass (Poor Sai gets left out...)

I'll admit, as the chapters go by, Sakura becomes more and more of a badass. Oh sorry, did I say badass? I meant "Tsunade". Seriously, with this chapter it becomes pretty evident that Kishimoto is really rushing through Naruto, and everything has suddenly become super fast.
I'll start off by saying this, Sasuke and Naruto have a couple of differences to Jiraiya and Orochimaru (e.g. Naruto has 9-tails, Sasuke has everything Orochimaru desired to have etc.). But Sakura? She's almost an EXACT copy of Tsunade! Seriously, she suddenly activated the Byakugou, learnt how to summon slugs and use Katsuyu's healing ability within what feels like approximately 15 minutes or so.

So let's begin actually reviewing the chapter.
"No, this is Patrick!"
So, this is the continuation of the "cliff-hanger" from the last chapter. Funnily enough, Gamachiki seems to have grown quicker than my manly trunks while I'm watching the scenes with Megan Fox in Transformers. Again, this really makes Naruto seem rushed, especially since Gamakichi has also decided to steal his dad's robe and sword as well. Anyway, the battle as a whole was pretty darn epic. Especially Naruto and Sasuke's joint attack.

Now we know that all the Hokages are crap at naming things.
Like I said, Kishimoto seems to be rushing through Naruto and even the flashbacks have become shorter (FINALLY), but the fact that Naruto and Sasuke were able to perfectly balance their chakra and make jutsus that compliment eachother perfectly kind of takes the term "miracle" to the next level. There is no way, absolutely no way, that they would ever be able to do that without any form of discussion or preparation (and Naruto screaming the name "SASUKE!!!!" does not count as a form of discussion.). This also adds to my point that Kishimoto is rushing through Naruto.

Anyway, since there was really little to be reviewed in this chapter, I'll go ahead and go straight to the end. The chapter ends off with Orochimaru finally arriving at the battle.

Says the guy that took 7 chapters to arrive.
I've never particularly liked Orochimaru, as it took me way too long to realise he was actually a man and I never really looked at him in the same way. Also, I find his jutsu absolutely revolting and grotesque, and he even reminds me of the Goddess Bunny in a disturbing kind of way. Anyway, I suppose Orochimaru fans (who I highly suspect are non-existent.) may have found this moment pretty epic.

So that's all for Naruto this week. My thoughts are...not that great of a chapter. There wasn't really much to review other than Sasuke and Naruto's co-operation but other than that the chapter was pretty much stuff that Kishimoto recycled from previous chapters. I sincerely hope that this rushing through events, and not focusing on anything in particular, leads to something exciting rather than a boring end to such a fantastic series. However, until next time, peace out.

No comments:

Post a Comment